- ☑ 225g Cashew Nuts
- ☑ 100g Caster Sugar
- ☑ 75ml Water
- ☑ 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- ☑ 1 tsp ghee
- ☑ 2 almonds + a grater handy
- ✔ Grind your cashew nuts into a fine powder
- ✔ In a pan heat your water and then add the sugar and let it melt. This is the hardest part, making a 1 string consistency chashni.
- ✔ Leave the water and sugar to boil on medium heat, every so often take a drop out, let it cool on a spoon. Once cooled, dip your finger into this. Touch your finger to your thumb and pull. Once you get a string formed when doing this, your chashni is ready.
- ✔ On a low heat add your vanilla essence, stir.
- ✔ Mix in your cashew powder. Stir until it reduces in the pan, and doesn’t stick to the sides of the pan. Then remove off the heat.
- ✔ On a clean heatproof surface, lay out a sheet of baking paper. Add this hot mixture (be careful) on top of the baking paper.
- ✔ You then want to knead this (it will be hot) so start with pressing it down with a wooden spoon. Then once its warm enough to touch knead with your knuckles.
- ✔ Once smooth, lay another sheet of baking paper on top and roll out your kaju katri to your desired thickness.
- ✔ Remove the upper baking sheet, then cut your kaju katri to the desired shape.
- ✔ Pop these in the fridge for 2/3 hours till its hardened.
- ✔ Once out decorate these with grated almonds.